What you need to know when writing cause and effect essays
If you are into writing, one of the types of essays that you may want to try is the cause and effect essay. For those who want to understand how to write a cause & effect essay, this article is for you. Today, we will be tackling everything that you need to know about writing a cause and effect essay.
What is a cause and effect essay?
A cause and effect essay is a type of essay that aims to explain and identify the different causes and effects of various events and situations. It is used to analyze the reasons that brought about an event, situation or decision. It is one of the best essays when it comes to informing readers about relationships of events and situations. It is one way to let reader see clearly the causal chain of things. In this type, readers will be able to see domino effects in situations.
How to write a cause and effect essay?
Just like any essay, it is recommended that you do a cause and effect essay outline. By using an outline, you will be able to list everything that you want to include in your essay.
To help you in the writing process, we will be listing for you tips including those you can use to determine your cause and effect essay format and cause and affect essay topics.
- The first thing that you need to do is to determine the event/problem/cause/effect that you will be writing about. You need to know the exact topic of your essay. It may be wise to choose a topic that you are comfortable with. The more you know about a topic, the better. If you do not have a topic in mind, researching may help you choose a significant subject.
- If you have different topics in mind, you may list them all first before concentrating on just one topic. In the end, you should be able to come up with just once central and key theme.
- Once you have chosen a topic, it is now time to list all the reasons why this event or situation happened or vice versa. For example, your essay topic is about the effects of cigarette smoking to people. You need to list down all the effects of smoking such as shorter life and bad health condition. Another sample topic is the causes of depression. After identifying your topic, you need to identify all the causes such as medications, low self-esteem and bullying.
- You should remember that it is not enough to just identify causes and effects. You need to write down in your essay the relationships that link them together. Without this, you will end up writing observations and not causal relationships that are vital in this type of essay.
- You should have a strong conclusion. You may provide a short, concise and meaningful ending to your writing so that your essay will have a greater impact on the readers.
- Another thing you need to understand is that cause and effect essays are not always about the two together. They can be discussed individually especially in shorter essays.
- Always be clear on what you want to write so that your readers will not be confused.
Cause and effect sample essay
Here is an example cause and effect essay to help you have a clearer understanding when it comes to the cause and effect essay structure.
Here is a sample cause-effect essay that may help you have a clearer view of how you can write a good one.
THE MOST COMMON HEALTH EFFECTS OF SITTING TOO MUCH
Did you know that too much sitting can have negative effects on your health? Yes, you have read it right; sitting for a long time is not advisable.
According to experts, there is a link between a number of health conditions and sitting for long periods. Because of this, it is important that people will be aware of the risks involved so that they can avoid sitting too much as long as possible. Whatever your reason is, the fact still remains that too much sitting can actually kill you in the long run.
First of all, too much sitting can increase your risk of obesity. This may be related to the fact that if you are always sitting, you are not physically active. Because of this, you will not be able to burn the calories that you get from the foods that you eat. As you may know, obesity is already a pressing problem in our time today. You should always remember that obesity and sedentary lifestyle are both lethal your health,
Aside from obesity, too much sitting will also increase your risk of developing a metabolic syndrome that can result to higher blood pressure, higher blood sugar, higher cholesterol levels and excessive body fat. Moreover, it is also not good for you heart. If you are always sitting, you will be more prone to different cardiovascular diseases that may be fatal.
The health conditions that we mentioned are just some of the negative effects of sitting for long periods. If you cannot totally avoid it, you can perform simple exercises while sitting to increase he calories that you burn.
If you really want to be healthy and fit, it is imperative that you stay active as much as you can. Aside from regular exercise, a well-balanced diet may also help you to decrease your health risks.
If you are still having a hard time writing your essay, you do not need to worry. We can provide you quality writing assistance. For world-class writers, you may visit our website at PremierEssay.com. We can handle any type of writing assignment. One good reason to get a reputable writing service company to do the job for you is quality. If the writers are experienced, you will surely not have any problems with the essays that you need.
Do not know exactly what you need?
Want to make sure we can do your assignment? Send us everything you have and our expert writers will evaluate your order and generate a proposal!
What is also important - evaluation is free!Evaluate