Argumentative essay examples
An argumentative essay is an academic paper that requires students to generate a good topic, investigate, collect and evaluate points then support with strong evidence. A student is always required to present arguments clearly; otherwise the paper will loose its meaning. Preparing an argumentative essay is quite hectic. A student is required to collect data to evaluate in the paper. The time to hold interviews, do a survey and carry out experiments should be well planned for. Despite this, an argument essay should be well researched to gain the good grades.
Examples of argumentative essays
A good example of an argumentative essay would contain the following:
A clear, concise and defined thesis statement
A thesis statement comes at the introduction of your argumentative essay .The writer should make the readers know the topic to be discussed. After that, explain why the topic is important, why the readers should take time to read the essay and what they seek to gain. Lastly, provide a thesis statement. A good thesis statement is one that stays within a certain scope. Make your thesis statement narrow and clear. Your readers will understand a narrow thesis than a general one.
Use of transitions between the introduction, body and conclusion paragraph
Transitions hold the foundation of an essay together. Using transitions in an essay promotes a smooth flow beginning from the introduction up to the conclusion .Transitions are also used to show the reader the finish and the start point. They wrap up an idea and lead the readers to the next paragraph. A student is able to understand better the use of transitions by getting a sample of argumentative essay.
Body paragraphs with strong evidence support
An argumentative essay should be backed up with strong evidence. Each paragraph should be limited to one point of argument. Presentation of one idea in a paragraph makes readers to understand your paper. Each point should be accompanied by strong evidence. Explain the evidence further by providing reasons as to why you picked the evidence. You might also accompany your evidence with statistics and quotes to make it stronger. Remember you need to argue your points out. Do that by the use of strong evidence. Look at examples of argumentative essays from PremierEssay.com and study how the evidence is presented.
A strong conclusion
A normal conclusion contains a restate of thesis and summary of the points discussed earlier. A conclusion of an effective argumentative essay also contains a readdress of the evidences provided. Do not introduce any new information in your conclusion, instead synthesize on what you have already said. Restate your thesis and give a summary of the points you have argued on. Go further to give a recommendation on further research of the argumentative topic you just handled.
Argumentative essay outline
An outline will provide you with a logic order to follow in your writing process.
Argumentative essay outline example
- Athletics as a sport
- Sports has different definitions
- Active sports
- Athletics, football, rugby, hockey, baseball
- Inactive sports
- Cheerleading, badminton, and others
- Athletics as a sport
- It is competitive throughout the world
- Special season has been set aside for Olympics
- Cheerleading as a sport
- Considered as a sport because it requires training
- Restate of thesis
- Athletics as the best sport
The above can be used as argumentative essay outline sample. It is a basic guide for students who find it challenging to write an outline.PremierEssay.com has a lot of argumentative essay samples written using clear outlines. Argumentative essay examples basically guide a student to do his or her own paper. Samples are the tools that make the whole writing process easier.
Argumentative essay prompts from PremierEssay.com that students will find interesting
- Dieting makes people fat
- Stress makes people fat
- People have become overly independent on technology
- Cell phones have changed the social community completely
- University students should not be punished for attending clubs at night
- The primary mission of a university is to prepare students for future workforce
- Only victims of car accident are allowed to go for a plastic surgery
- Priests to be allowed to marry
- Teens should be allowed to use birth control pills
- Schools teachers have no right to look into students lockers
- School teachers should be allowed to carry guns for protection
- Grades do not totally indicate intelligence or effort
- Technology has made us lazy
- Availability of information on the internet has done more harm than good
- Governments should control growth population
- Gambling should be legalized
- Everyone is abnormal, the percentage is what varies
- Senior citizens should be respected
- Fast food is essential for the current first life
- Eating meat is healthy to our bodies
Find sample argumentative essays at PremierEssay.com. Simply type example of an argumentative essay and you will find different categories of samples. There is an example of argumentative essay in accounting, nursing, and E-commerce, social and other important fields to students.
Do not know exactly what you need?
Want to make sure we can do your assignment? Send us everything you have and our expert writers will evaluate your order and generate a proposal!
What is also important - evaluation is free!Evaluate